19 квітня 2014 р.

Easter in Ukraine


There are a lot of different holidays which are segregated on two categories. First category is family holidays like birthdays, wedding days, returning from some where etc. The second category consists from holidays which are celebrated from a group of people for example New Year, Independence Day or Christian holidays.



This Sunday we had one of the most bright and important Christian holiday. It called Easter. This holiday is about Christ’s raising from the dead concerns to Holy Bible. Catholics had Easter two weeks ago.
One famous philosopher said “Everything is temporary except traditions. They are permanent from birth to the death”. There are many traditions. I want to tell you about some of them. The most strong is cooking special food. Easter cooks were made almost in every family. It’s a well-know fact, if you try to cook such cookies not for Easter they’ll be damage. Every housewife has her own secret recipe which makes her Easter cookies especial.
The most waiting event of this day is the descent of fire full of divine grace. This fire appears only once a year at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. I’m assured that you know about Maya’s prophecy about the End of the World. In Holy Bible is written if fire full of divine grace wouldn’t appear the End of the World begins. I consider you understand how millions of people waited for this fire. And it appeared at half past two.
This fire came to Ukraine at 9 pm. Other for what religious waited was the night service. Early in the morning people went to the church for blessing cookies, eggs, water, salt and other want they want.
This year I had a double holiday. This Sunday also was my birthday. It was really exciting. I was happy and my friend said to my that this birthday was at the same day with Easter so this year will be perfect. I’m sure fortune favors a brave, and I’ll be brave.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар