28 вересня 2013 р.

Ecology in Ukraine (informal letter)




Dear Jared,
I got your letter yesterday and decided to write back straightway. You asked me about minuses of my Motherland. It’s a pity, but there are plenty of them. The biggest one is ecology.
It’s a well known fact that Ukraine is a granary of Europe. At the same time we have some of the most polluted landscapes in Eastern Europe. It happened because of industrial factories, chemical fertilizers etc.

I live in the one of the most polluted region. Here we have a lot of coal mines and coal using works. All of them contaminate our air. You know, a friend of mine has asthma an account of them.

But it doesn’t mean that Ukraine is a country with gray polluted sky and without beautiful landscapes. Come to me and I will show you pluses of my homeland.
Forever yours,
Amy

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар